Mornings are super hectic in my house, with 3 kids and myself to get off to school. I don’t have time for a lengthy beauty routine, but I want to look awake and put together when I go to class. I’m sharing my time saving tips for busy back to school mornings.
My Back to School Beauty Tips
Shower at night and use it to your advantage.
I use my evening shower as a chance to unwind and pamper myself. That’s so much better than rushing in the morning! On days I shampoo my hair, I have plenty of time to deep condition and let my hair air dry. If I’m feeling fancy, I’ll braid or twist it for easy waves in the morning.
Get your hands on some dry shampoo!
I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week, but in between I keep my hair fresh and clean with dry shampoo. It also adds some body and texture when my hair is looking flat. The good news is that there are plenty of inexpensive, great quality dry shampoos on the market. This time-saving must is a great value!
Use double duty products.
I have a steady rotation of multi-purpose beauty products that I use on busy days. Scented lotions moisturize my skin, and add a light fragrance. Tinted moisturizers with SPF protect my face while adding sheer coverage. Eye shadow crayons can be used on the lid and as eyeliner. Highlighting blushes add color and glow. Balm stains keep your lips moisturized and lasting pigment. You get the idea! Multi-purpose products save time AND money.
Find your best concealer.
Everyone’s skin is different, so this may take some trial and error. But trust me, the perfect concealer can completely change your face, especially if you are dealing with dark circles or redness. You want a concealer that matches or is one shade lighter than your skin tone, blends easily and quickly, and isn’t too heavy, so it stays put.
Have a go-to makeup look.
My quick makeup for busy mornings is pretty much the same every time. I have a little collection of balm stains that I choose from for variety, but that’s it. Everything else is fast, simple, and pretty neutral in color. I’ll be sharing my Back to School Makeup tutorial next week.
Now that I’ve given you my tips, I’ll tell you the products I count on.
- Brigeo Deep Conditioning Mask -This hair mask is amazing for dry, brittle, hair. I use it on Sunday evening for soft hair all week long!
- Balm stains from Wet N’ Wild or Revlon – Rico Mauve by Wet N’ Wild (pictured above) is a great fall color. I also like the variety of finishes of the Revlon Balm Stains.
- My holy grail concealer is Urban Decay Naked Skin, but it is pricey at $28. My two drugstore favorites are both under $8 from Maybelline, Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraserand Master Conceal.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – This stuff is so well priced and comes in about a million scents! The Blush Floral and Flirty is one of my favorites.
- Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils – Cashmere Beige and Yogurt are both beautiful and eye brightening.
- The Balm “Balm Shelter” Tinted Moisturizer – At $25 for 2.25oz, this is no bargain, but this product is well worth the money. I have 6 tinted moisturizers, and this one is by far my favorite. A little goes a long way and the finish is dewy without being sticky.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara – This is my foolproof mascara. I can skip curling my lashes, and it works well for both top and bottom. Beauty Without Cruelty Full Volume Black is another great choice. From the drugstore, I love LA Girl Super Mega Mascara.
- Drugstore blushes with a built in highlight – There are so many amazing, glowy, blushes at the drugstore. Nyx Baked Blush in Foreplay is the perfect natural tone for me.
- Scented lotions from Tulip – I love Madarin Peony the most for the energizing citrus and exotic amber undertone. All of the scents smell like a spa, so you really can’t pick a bad one.
I hope you found this post helpful! If you did please share it on social media! Just use the share buttons below or pin the graphics.